Central of Georgia Railway, Cotton Yard Gates, West Broad Street, Savannah, Chatham County, GA
Photo Caption Pages
West Broad Street, Savannah, GA
Find maps of Savannah, GA
Documentation compiled after 1968.
Survey number HAER GA-51
Building/structure dates: 1850 initial construction
National Register Number: 76000610
Railroad Shops & Yards
Historic American Engineering Record (Library of Congress)
1. View from across West Broad Street showing E elevation.
2. Long distance view from the SW of former Cotton Yards (now used as a parking lot); Cotton Yard Gates at far right, Red Building and Produce Freight Warehouse in background.
3. View looking S down West Broad Street sidewalk showing S half of Gate in foreground, Wickersham fence running parallel to West Broad St. and Passenger Station in background.
4. S half of Gate showing brick detailing.
5. Detail showing intersection of brick wall and Wickersham fence.
6. N half of Gate with Red Building in Background.
7. View looking down length of Wickersham fence with Passenger Station in background.
8. Detail of Wickersham fence from rear.
Back to Savannah, Georgia