Central of Georgia Railway, 1860 Brick Arch Viaduct, Spanning West Boundary Street & Savannah-Ogeechee , Savannah, Chatham County, GA
See 16 maps of this location
Photo Caption Pages
Spanning West Boundary Street & Savannah-Ogeechee, Savannah, GA
Find maps of Savannah, GA
Documentation compiled after 1968.
Survey number HAER GA-4
Unprocessed field note material exists for this structure (FN-45).
Building/structure dates: 1860 initial construction
Historic American Engineering Record (Library of Congress)
1. N elevation.
2. Detail of pier and spandrel.
3. Three-quarter view looking SW at arch spanning canal.
4. Three-quarter view looking NW at arch spanning canal.
5. Detail of pier, arch and spandrel.
6. Detail of arch spanning West Boundary Street.
7. View looking E from top of viaduct at tracks leading to the freight warehouses and sidings in the Dooley Yards.
8. One of four (NE corner) short, decorative, stone posts located at the four corners of the viaduct. 9. 'Central of Georgia' sign painted on the underside of arch spanning West Boundary Street.
Back to Savannah, Georgia