Historic Photographs

Home

Search

Subject Browse
Browse by Subject >>

State/City Browse
Alaska
Alabama
Arkansas
Arizona
California
Colorado
Connecticut
District of Columbia
Delaware
Florida
Georgia
Hawaii
Iowa
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Massachusetts
Maryland
Maine
Michigan
Minnesota
Missouri
Mississippi
Montana
North Carolina
North Dakota
Nebraska
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New Mexico
Nevada
New York
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Virginia
Vermont
Washington
Wisconsin
West Virginia
Wyoming

Home

>

Georgia

>

Savannah

>

Mary Marshall Houses, 127-129 Abercorn Street, Savannah, Chatham County, GA



See 16 maps of this location


B&W Photos

HB347730
East Front And South Side

HB347731
East Front And North Side

HB347732
West Rear And South Side

HB347733
First Floor, Central Hall, Showing Staircase

HB347734
Second Floor, Northeast Corner, Showing Fireplace


Data Pages


Photo Caption Pages


Item Title


Location
127-129 Abercorn Street, Savannah, GA

Find maps of Savannah, GA


Created/Published
Documentation compiled after 1933.

Notes
Survey number HABS GA-1200
Significance: Designed by Charles B. Cluskey, considered by some to be Georgia's most prominent architect of the antebellum period. Carriage House (HABS No. GA-1200-A) is an interesting surviving dependency with details matching those of the main house. Rated "Exceptional" by Historic Savannah Foundation Survey. Integral part of Savannah National Register Historic District.

Collection
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)

Contents
Photograph caption(s): 
1. EAST FRONT AND SOUTH SIDE
2. EAST FRONT AND NORTH SIDE
3. WEST REAR AND SOUTH SIDE
4. FIRST FLOOR, CENTRAL HALL, SHOWING STAIRCASE
5. SECOND FLOOR, NORTHEAST CORNER, SHOWING FIREPLACE


Back to Savannah, Georgia