Richmond Hill vicinity>
Richmond Hill Plantation, Sterling Creek Marsh, East of Richmond Hill on Ford Neck Road, Richmond Hill, Bryan County, GA
East of Richmond Hill on Ford Neck Road, Richmond Hill vicinity, GA
Find maps of Richmond Hill, GA
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS GA-2348-A
Building/structure dates: 1780 initial construction
Building/structure dates: 1925 subsequent work
National Register Number: 78000966
Significance: The Sterling Marsh contains formal tidal rice fields associated with the antebellum Richmond Plantation, and were also reclaimed in the 1930s during Henry Ford's tenure and used for lettuce production.
Diener, David, Photographer
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
Back to Richmond Hill vicinity, Georgia