Jefferson County Road 255 Bridge, Spanning Rocky Comfort Creek, Louisville, Jefferson County, GA
Photo Caption Pages
Spanning Rocky Comfort Creek, Louisville, GA
Find maps of Louisville, GA
Documentation compiled after 1968.
Survey number HAER GA-60
Significance: Jefferson County Road 255 Bridge is composed of two steel rivet connected Warren pony trusses with verticals. It measures 470 feet in length and 11.6 feet in width and has a timber deck. This bridge is one of 71 Warren truss bridges recorded on the Georgia Historic Bridge Survey. It is one of 68 trusses identified as a Warren pony truss and one of 56 identified as a Warren pony truss with verticals. It is the only such bridge in Jefferson County.
Historic American Engineering Record (Library of Congress)
1. VIEW SHOWING BRIDGE IN CONTEXT
2. VIEW SHOWING NORTH ELEVATION
3. VIEW SHOWING SOUTH ELEVATION
4. VIEW SHOWING EASTERN APPROACH
5. VIEW SHOWING WESTERN APPROACH
6. VIEW SHOWING SOUTH PANEL OF EASTERN TRUSS, DETAILING RIVET CONNECTIONS, INCLINED END POSTS, AND VERTICAL AND HORIZONTAL MEMBERS
7. VIEW SHOWING DETAIL OF RIVET CONNECTION
Back to Louisville, Georgia