Georgia DOT Bridge No. 155-00032-001.54E, Spanning Sand Creek at State Route 32, Irwinville, Irwin County, GA
Photo Caption Pages
Spanning Sand Creek at State Route 32, Irwinville vicinity, GA
Find maps of Irwinville, GA
Documentation compiled after 1968.
Survey number HAER GA-81
Building/structure dates: 1939 initial construction
Building/structure dates: 1993 demolished
Significance: GDOT Bridge No. 155-00032-001.54E was constructed in 1937-1939. It was a continuous-stringer type bridge. It is one of approximately 560 bridges of this type found in the State and one of eleven found in Irwin County built prior to 1952. This bridge is representative of those built during the 1930s which utilized treated-timber pilings in the substructure and concrete deck and railing in the superstructure.
Crocker, C. N.
Georgia Highway Department
Georgia Department Of Transportation
Historic American Engineering Record (Library of Congress)
1. WIDE ANGLE VIEW OF GDOT BRIDGE NO. 155-00032-001.54E, LOOKING NORTH
2. CLOSE-UP VIEW OF GDOT BRIDGE NO. 155-00032-001.54E, LOOKING NORTH
3. VIEW OF GDOT BRIDGE NO. 155-00032-001.54E, LOOKING SOUTH
4. VIEW OF APPROACH TO GDOT BRIDGE NO. 155-0032-001.54E, LOOKING WEST FROM EAST
5. VIEW OF APPROACH TO GDOT BRIDGE NO. 155-00032-001.54E, LOOKING EAST FROM WEST
6. VIEW OF BALUSTRADE, GDOT BRIDGE NO. 155-00032-001.54E
Back to Irwinville vicinity, Georgia