Fannin County Road 222 Bridge, Spanning Toccoa River, Dial, Fannin County, GA
Photo Caption Pages
Spanning Toccoa River, Dial, GA
Find maps of Dial, GA
Documentation compiled after 1968.
Survey number HAER GA-58
Building/structure dates: 1938 initial construction
Significance: Fannin County Road 222 Bridge is representative of the rivet-connected Warren pony truss with verticals. It is one of 71 Warren truss bridges recorded in the Georgia Historic Bridge Survey, one of 86 trusses identified as a Warren pony truss, and one of 56 identified as a Warren pony truss with verticals; one of three such bridges recorded in Fannin County.
Historic American Engineering Record (Library of Congress)
1. VIEW SHOWING EAST ELEVATION
2. VIEW SHOWING WEST ELEVATION
3. VIEW SHOWING NORTH APPROACH
4. VIEW SHOWING SOUTH APPROACH
5. VIEW SHOWING DETAIL OF RIVET CONNECTIONS AND STRUCTURAL MEMBERS
Back to Dial, Georgia