Hight & MacMurphy Foundry, 636 Eleventh Street, Augusta, Richmond County, GA
See 13 maps of this location
636 Eleventh Street, Augusta, GA
Find maps of Augusta, GA
Documentation compiled after 1968.
Survey number HAER GA-10
Building/structure dates: 1852 initial construction
Significance: This foundry and machine works was the third such operation to be established on the second level of the Augusta Canal. It gradually grew in size under several different proprietors until George R. Lombard merged several operations into the Lombard Iron Works and Supply Company. This establishment became Georgia's and also one of the nation's largest such operations at the turn of the century.
War (World War II)
Hight & MacMurphy
Lombard Iron Works & Supply Company
Lombard, George R.
MacMurphy, J. T.
Historic American Engineering Record (Library of Congress)
Back to Augusta, Georgia