Fort McPherson, World War II Station Hospital, Nurses' Quarters, Anderson Way, Atlanta, Fulton County, GA
Photo Caption Pages
Anderson Way, Atlanta, GA
Find maps of Atlanta, GA
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS GA-2282-B
Building/structure dates: 1942 initial construction
Significance: The Nurses Quarters signifies the expansion of the Fort McPherson Station Hospital during World War II and represents mobilization construction according to plans of the "New" 700 series. Building 109 was constructed in 1942, along with a G.U. (genitourinary) Treatment Unit for the Fort McPherson Station Hospital, to house nurses (undoubtedly those assigned to the G.U. Treatment Unit).
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
1. VIEW OF NORTH GABLE END WALL AND WEST SIDE FROM ANDERSON WAY, FACING SOUTHEAST.
2. VIEW OF WEST SIDE FROM HOOD AVENUE.
3. VIEW OF EAST SIDE WITH ENTRANCE FROM HARDEE AVENUE.
4. VIEW OF NORTH GABLE END WALL FROM ANDERSON WAY.
5. VIEW OF SOUTH GABLE END WALL WITH ENTRANCE RAMP.
6. VIEW OF INTERIOR CORRIDOR, FACING SOUTH.
7. VIEW OF A TYPICAL ROOM, NORTHEAST CORNER.
8. Photocopy of drawing. (This photograph is an 8' x 10' enlargement from a 4' x 5' negative; 1942 drawing titled 'Mobilization Buildings, Hospital Quarters, Types HQ-18 and HQ-24,' Plan No. 700-1240, located at the Directorate of Engineering and Housing, Fort McPherson.)
Back to Atlanta, Georgia