Fort McPherson, World War II Station Hospital, G. U. Treatment Unit Lavatory, Thorne & Hood Avenues, Atlanta, Fulton County, GA
See 13 maps of this location
Photo Caption Pages
Thorne & Hood Avenues, Atlanta, GA
Find maps of Atlanta, GA
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS GA-2282-E
Building/structure dates: 1942 initial construction
Significance: Building 13 was one of two lavatories built for the G.U. Treatment Unit and signifies the expansion of the Fort McPherson Station Hospital during World War II and the role of T.O. 700-series construction in mobilization. The Unit was built in 1942 to treat men with genitourinary ailments. There were two lavatories contained within the complex; Building 113 was the smaller of the two.
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
1. VIEW OF NORTHWEST (ENTRANCE) SIDE.
2. VIEW OF NORTHEAST (GABLE END) AND SOUTHEAST SIDES FROM THE NORTHEAST. (BUILDING 111 VISIBLE ON LEFT; BUILDING 114 AT RIGHT.) INTERIOR OF BUILDING 113 TO THE SOUTHEAST.)
3. VIEW OF SOUTHEAST WALL.
4. VIEW OF EAST SIDE (REAR).
5. DETAIL OF WINDOW, SOUTHEAST FACADE.
6. VIEW OF INTERIOR FACING SOUTHEAST.
7. Photocopy of drawing. (This drawing is an 8' x 10' enlargement from a 4' x 5' negative; 1942 drawing titled 'Lavatory; Type L-A-T; Plans & Elevations,' Plan T.O. 700-6601, located at Directorate of Engineering and Housing, Fort McPherson.)
Back to Atlanta, Georgia