Fort McPherson, World War II Station Hospital, G. U. Treatment Unit Lavatory, Hood Avenue, Atlanta, Fulton County, GA
See 13 maps of this location
Photo Caption Pages
Hood Avenue, Atlanta, GA
Find maps of Atlanta, GA
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS GA-2282-F
Building/structure dates: 1942 initial construction
Significance: Building 121 was built as a 200-man lavatory for the G.U. Treatment Unit of the Station Hospital. It signifies the expansion of the Fort McPherson Station Hospital during World War II and the role of the T.O. 700 series in mobilization construction. The Unit was built in 1942 to treat men with genitourinary ailments.
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
1. VIEW OF WEST SIDE FROM HOOD AVENUE.
2. VIEW OF SOUTH AND EAST WALLS, FACING NORTHWEST. (BUILDINGS 122 AND 128 ARE VISIBLE IN THE BACKGROUND.)
3. VIEW OF SOUTH SIDE.
4. VIEW OF EAST (GABLE END) SIDE AND NORTH SIDE FROM NORTHEAST. (BUILDING 117 IS VISIBLE ON LEFT.)
5. VIEW OF INTERIOR, FACING EAST.
6. Photocopy of drawing. (This drawing is an 8' x 10' enlargement from a 4' x 5' negative; 1942 drawing titled 'Lavatory, Type L-E-T, Plans & Elevations,' Plan T.O. 700-6605, located at Directorate of Engineering and Housing, Fort McPherson.)
Back to Atlanta, Georgia