Fort McPherson, World War II Station Hospital, G. U. Treatment Unit Barracks, Nininger Way, Atlanta, Fulton County, GA
Photo Caption Pages
Nininger Way, Atlanta, GA
Find maps of Atlanta, GA
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS GA-2282-C
Building/structure dates: 1942 initial construction
Significance: Building 126 is a barracks signifying the expansion of the Fort McPherson Station Hospital during World War II and the role of T.O. 700-series, temporary construction during mobilization. Building 126 is representative of eight, hollow-tile barracks/wards built to house men with genitourinary ailments in a G.U. Treatment Unit.
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
1. VIEW TO EAST FROM NININGER WAY SHOWING WEST (GABLE END) SIDE. (BUILDINGS 129 AND 128 ARE VISIBLE ON LEFT; BUILDING 124 AT RIGHT.)
2. VIEW OF EAST FRONT FROM HOOD AVENUE.
3. VIEW OF SOUTH SIDE AND EAST SIDE (GABLE END), FACING NORTHWEST FROM HOOD AVENUE.
4. VIEW OF WEST SIDE (GABLE END) AND SOUTH SIDE, FACING NORTHEAST. (BUILDINGS 130, 129, 128 ARE VISIBLE TO LEFT; BUILDING 109 AT DISTANT RIGHT.)
5. VIEW OF NORTH SIDE FROM ANDERSON WAY, FACING SOUTHWEST.
6. VIEW OF INTERIOR OFFICE CUBICLES, FACING EAST.
7. VIEW OF INTERIOR OFFICE SPACE, FACING WEST.
8. VIEW OF THE INTERIOR ROOF TRUSS SYSTEM.
9. Photocopy of drawing. (This drawing is an 8' x 10' enlargement from a 4' x 5' negative; 1942 drawing titled 'Barracks; Type B-A-T; Plans, Elevations, Section,' Plant T.O. 700-5500, located at DIrectorate of Engineering and Housing, Fort McPherson.)
Back to Atlanta, Georgia