Atlanta Fixtures Building, 102-106 Pryor Street, Atlanta, Fulton County, GA
See 14 maps of this location
Photo Caption Pages
102-106 Pryor Street, Atlanta, GA
Find maps of Atlanta, GA
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS GA-1204
Unprocessed field note material exists for this structure (FN-86).
Building/structure dates: 1895 initial construction
Building/structure dates: 1911 subsequent work
Building/structure dates: 1968 subsequent work
National Register Number: 80001077
Significance: The Atlanta Fixtures Buildings have been determined eligible for listing in the National Register of Historic Places as individual structures. They are contributing elements of the Underground Atlanta Historic District and are among the oldest commercial structures in the city. Architecturally eclectic in style, the buildings exhibit Romanesque massing and Renaissance Revival details. They have generally been described as containing elements of the Renaissance Revival Style ... These brick buildings are excellent examples of the types of four and five-story commercial buildings which were prominent in the heart of downtown Atlanta in the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries. They occupy a site which is highly visible from a number of surrounding positions. The Atlanta Fixtures Buildings are among the few examples of late nineteenth century Renaissance Revival commercial buildings remaining within Underground Atlanta Historic District (National Register of Historic Places: July 24, 1980).
Ansley, Frank J.
Steele, Aaron B.
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
1. Street perspective, facade, view toward east
2. Facade, view towards southeast
3. Facade at Proyor street viaduct level, view south
4. Rear 3/4 view, towards north
5. Rear view, towards northwest 6. 'Acropolis Restaurant Facade' underground level View southeast
7. Interior, first floor, view northwest
8. Freight elevator
9. Interior, third floor
10. Interior, northwest view of third floor
11. Underground entrance to Carriage House Restaurant
12. Interior of Old Carriage House Restaurant
13. Interior of Old Carriage House Restaurant,basement
14. Exterior of Down Under Lounge
15. Down Under Lounge, Interior
16. Interior, toward southeast
17. Interior, toward southeast
18. Interior detail of elevator, second floor
19. Interior, second floor
20. Interior, third floor
Back to Atlanta, Georgia