Historic Photographs

Home

Search

Subject Browse
Browse by Subject >>

State/City Browse
Alaska
Alabama
Arkansas
Arizona
California
Colorado
Connecticut
District of Columbia
Delaware
Florida
Georgia
Hawaii
Iowa
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Massachusetts
Maryland
Maine
Michigan
Minnesota
Missouri
Mississippi
Montana
North Carolina
North Dakota
Nebraska
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New Mexico
Nevada
New York
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Virginia
Vermont
Washington
Wisconsin
West Virginia
Wyoming

Home

>

Florida

>

Valparaiso vicinity

>

Eglin Air Force Base, Storehouse & Company Administration, Southeast of Flager Road, Nassau Lane, & southern , Valparaiso, Okaloosa County, FL



B&W Photos

HB337114
BWPhotos 207430

HB337115
BWPhotos 207431

HB337116
BWPhotos 207432

HB337117
BWPhotos 207433

HB337118
BWPhotos 207434

HB337119
BWPhotos 207435

HB337120
BWPhotos 207436

HB337121
BWPhotos 207437

HB337122
BWPhotos 207438

HB337123
BWPhotos 207439

HB337124
BWPhotos 207440

HB337125
BWPhotos 207441

HB337126
BWPhotos 207442

HB337127
BWPhotos 207443

HB337128
BWPhotos 207444


Item Title
BWPhotos 207444

Location
& southern, Valparaiso vicinity, FL

Find maps of Valparaiso, FL


Created/Published
Documentation compiled after 1933.

Notes
Survey number HABS FL-411-B
Building/structure dates: 1943 initial construction
Building/structure dates: 1952 subsequent work
Building/structure dates: 1993 subsequent work
Significance: Building No. 744 is one of a group of modified series 700 and 800 structures at Eglin Air Force Base built during World War II and more commonly known as "World War II temporaries." Additionally, Building No. 744 is noted as a Theater-of-Operations (T.O.) building within the temporaries classification, and as such was typically found at overseas installations rather than at airfields in the continental United States. Building No. 744 functioned as the administrative headquarters for the marine operations area of Eglin Air Force Base as of the early 1950s. The marine operations units responded to sea emergencies and assisted in Air Force testing and training at the Air Proving Ground and for the Armament Center. Building No. 744 is one of four buildings comprising a marine operations historic district formally determined eligible for the National Register of Historic Places.

Subjects
Administrative Agencies
War (World War II)
Military Organizations


Related Names
U.S. Army, Quartermaster Corps
Dewey, William, Photographer
KEA Environmental, Incorporated, Historian
Weitze, Karen J., Historian
Dolan, Christy, Historian


Collection
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)

Contents


Back to Valparaiso vicinity, Florida