Bradford County Courthouse, West Call Street, Starke, Bradford County, FL
West Call Street, Starke, FL
Find maps of Starke, FL
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS FL-286
Building/structure dates: 1902 initial construction
Building/structure dates: 1930 subsequent work
Significance: The Bradford County Courthouse was built in 1902 for the County Commissioners of Bradford County. Designed by S.B. Smith and constructed by Smith and Blackburn, both from Montgomery, Alabama, for the sum of twelve thousand five hundred dollars. Exterior walls are of red brick with limestone trim. An addition was constructed in the 1930's as a W.P.A. project. The building is under construction to be used for office space and a county museum.
Smith, S. B.
Smith & Blackburn
Works Progress Administration (WPA)
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
Back to Starke, Florida