University of Florida, Floyd Hall, Gainesville, Alachua County, FL
See 21 maps of this location
Floyd Hall, Gainesville, FL
Find maps of Gainesville, FL
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS FL-393-A
Building/structure dates: 1912 initial construction
Building/structure dates: 1949 subsequent work
These drawings were donated to the H/H collection by the University of Florida's College of Architecture; the drawings were produced by architecture students at the University of Florida who chose to participate in the preservation option of the architecture school curriculum. The drawings are, therefore, the work of students. Note also at the time of the drawings (sometime before 1996) the building was vacant.
National Register Number: 79000655
Significance: Floyd Hall, University of Florida, was built in 1912 and originally called the Agriculture Building. The structure was designed in the Collegiate Gothic style by W. A. Edwards, architect and served classroom and laboratory functions. This building was the major facility of the College of Agriculture for several decades, and was renamed Floyd Hall in 1949 to honor Wilbur F. Floyd, assistant dean of agriculture from 1915 to 1938. In 1979 Floyd Hall was placed on the National Register of Historic Places. The building is presently vacant and inaccessible to the public.
Floyd, William F.
Edwards, W. A.
University Of Florida, College Of Agriculture
Weant, Laura M., Delineator
Walker, Philip L., Delineator
Spangler, O. M., Delineator
Sasser, Richard A., Delineator
Rowley, Shelia M., Delineator
Reeves, James D., Delineator
Montgomery, John L., Delineator
Hall, Gregory, Delineator
Boykin-Hater, K., Delineator
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
Back to Gainesville, Florida