Woodlawn, Barn, Saint Georges Hundred, County Route 429, East of R, Odessa, New Castle County, DE
Photo Caption Pages
East of R, Odessa vicinity, DE
Find maps of Odessa, DE
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS DE-229-B
Unprocessed field note material exists for this structure (FN-50).
Building/structure dates: 1886 initial construction
Significance: The Woodlawn barn is the central element in J.K. Williams' new farm complex of 1886. In design, the barn responded to ideas current in period agricultural and builders manuals. With the cart sheds completing the court, the barn was the epitome of modern farming.
William Rose & Company
Williams, Jonathan K.
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
1. VIEW NORTH SHOWING BARN FLANKED BY WEST CART SHED (LEFT) AND EAST CART SHED (RIGHT)
2. VIEW NORTH, SOUTH ELEVATION OF BARN WITH WEST CART SHED TO LEFT
3. VIEW WEST, EAST ELEVATION
4. VIEW SOUTHWEST, EAST AND NORTH ELEVATIONS
5. VIEW SOUTH, NORTH ELEVATION SHOWING EARTHEN RAMP TO NORTH ENTRANCE
6. GROUND LEVEL STALL
Back to Odessa vicinity, Delaware