Historic Photographs

Home

Search

Subject Browse
Browse by Subject >>

State/City Browse
Alaska
Alabama
Arkansas
Arizona
California
Colorado
Connecticut
District of Columbia
Delaware
Florida
Georgia
Hawaii
Iowa
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Massachusetts
Maryland
Maine
Michigan
Minnesota
Missouri
Mississippi
Montana
North Carolina
North Dakota
Nebraska
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New Mexico
Nevada
New York
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Virginia
Vermont
Washington
Wisconsin
West Virginia
Wyoming

Home

>

Delaware

>

Magnolia

>

John B. Lindale House & Farm, 24 South Main Street, Magnolia, Kent County, DE



B&W Photos

HB312900
West Front

HB312901
North Side And West Front

HB312902
Detail Of Roof, Northwest Corner

HB312903
North Tower

HB312904
West Front And South Side

HB312905
South Tower

HB312906
Base Of South Tower, West Side

HB312907
Base Of South Tower, South Side

HB312908
South Tower, Detail Of Garland Over Window

HB312909
South Tower, Detail Of Attic Level And Roof

HB312910
Interior, Entrance Hall Looking South

HB312911
Interior, Dining Room, Detail Of Lamp


Data Pages


Drawings


Photo Caption Pages


Color Transparencies

Image not currently available to download
Please email us to
purchase this image.
Image not currently available to download
Please email us to
purchase this image.
Image not currently available to download
Please email us to
purchase this image.
Supplemental Material


Item Title


Location
24 South Main Street, Magnolia, DE

Find maps of Magnolia, DE


Created/Published
Documentation compiled after 1933.

Notes
Survey number HABS DE-172
Unprocessed field note material exists for this structure (FN-32).
Significance: The Lindale House and its outbuildings are a rare surviving example of the entire complex of a Delaware peach farm. Built for John B. Lindale, who is often described as the last of the great peach "barons," it was one of the last of such complexes to be constructed. The house is a fine example of high Victorian architecture, built in the Queen Anne Revival style with some classical revival details around 1905. The architect was Charles G. Fisher; the builder is said to have been Samuel Minner.

Collection
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)

Contents
Photograph caption(s): 
1. WEST FRONT
2. NORTH SIDE AND WEST FRONT
3. DETAIL OF ROOF, NORTHWEST CORNER
4. NORTH TOWER
5. WEST FRONT AND SOUTH SIDE
6. SOUTH TOWER
7. BASE OF SOUTH TOWER, WEST SIDE
8. BASE OF SOUTH TOWER, SOUTH SIDE
9. SOUTH TOWER, DETAIL OF GARLAND OVER WINDOW
10. SOUTH TOWER, DETAIL OF ATTIC LEVEL AND ROOF
11. INTERIOR, ENTRANCE HALL LOOKING SOUTH
12. INTERIOR, DINING ROOM, DETAIL OF LAMP


Back to Magnolia, Delaware