District of Columbia>
U.S. Soldiers Home, Grant Building, Rock Creek Church Road & Upshur Street Northwest, Washington, District of Columbia, DC
See 31 maps of this location
Photo Caption Pages
Rock Creek Church Road & Upshur Street Northwest, Washington, DC
Find maps of Washington, DC
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS DC-353-F
Building/structure dates: 1910 initial construction
See HABS No. DC-353 for list of related structures.
National Register Number: 74002176
Significance: Soldiers Home established by Congress in 1851. Grant Building constructed to serve as quarters and principal mess.
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
1. SOUTH FRONT (GENERAL VIEW ACROSS GROUNDS)
2. SOUTH FRONT (FROM THE SOUTHEAST)
3. SOUTH FRONT (FROM THE SOUTHWEST)
4. DETAIL, SOUTH FRONT, ARCADED ENTRANCE
5. DETAIL, SOUTH FRONT, ARCADED ENTRANCE (MORE OBLIQUE VIEW)
6. DETAIL, SOUTH FRONT, LAMP AT ENTRANCEWAY
Back to Washington, District of Columbia