District of Columbia>
Perry Building, 819-821 Market Space Northwest, Square 408, Corner, Washington, District of Columbia, DC
See 42 maps of this location
Photo Caption Pages
Corner, Washington, DC
Find maps of Washington, DC
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS DC-221
Building/structure dates: 1860 initial construction
Building/structure dates: 1903 subsequent work
Significance: A commercial building from the days when Pennsylvania Avenue was the principal fashionable shopping area of Washington.
Perry, Augustus E.
Thomas, J. S.
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
1. Historic American Buildings Survey Ronald Comedy, Photographer July 1969 SOUTH ELEVATION IN ITS SETTING
2. Historic American Buildings Survey George Eisenman, Photographer Summer 1967 SOUTH AND WEST SIDES
3. Historic American Buildings Survey Ronald Comedy, Photographer July 1969 WEST ELEVATION
4. EXTERIOR, SOUTH FACADE (EIGHTH ST.); (STRUCTURE IS ON LEFT)
5. EXTERIOR, WEST FACADE (NINTH STREET)
6. EXTERIOR, CORNER VIEW, SOUTH AND WEST FACADES
Back to Washington, District of Columbia