District of Columbia>
Masonic Temple, F & Ninth Streets Northwest, Washington, District of Columbia, DC
Photo Caption Pages
F & Ninth Streets Northwest, Washington, DC
Find maps of Washington, DC
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS DC-218
Building/structure dates: 1870 initial construction
Significance: A post-Civil War fraternal and commercial building whose cornerstone-laying was honored by the presence of the President of the United States. This structure ranks among the most distinguished works of architecture in Washington and is an important visual landmark.
Cluss & Kammerauber
French, B. B.
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
1. Historic American Buildings Survey Ronald Comedy, Photographer June 1969 SOUTH AND EAST SIDES
2. Historic American Buildings Survey Ronald Comedy, Photographer June 1969 NORTH ELEVATION (REAR)
3. Historic American Buildings Survey Ronald Comedy, Photographer July 1969 DETAIL OF WINDOW
4. Historic American Buildings Survey Old Photograph Note Dated, Courtesy of Library of Congress LOOKING ALONG F STREET
5. SOUTH FRONT AND EAST SIDE
Back to Washington, District of Columbia