District of Columbia>
Edward Abner Building, 413-415 Ninth Street, Northwest, Washington, District of Columbia, DC
Photo Caption Pages
Northwest, Washington, DC
Find maps of Washington, DC
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS DC-522
Building/structure dates: 1879 initial construction
Significance: The applied metal ornament on the upper floors of the facade make this building unusual and architecturally significant.
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
1. Ninth Street (west) facade, straight on view. To the north is the Ferree Building and to the south is the PMI Parking Garage.
2. Ninth Street facade and partial view of side (south) wall.
3. Close-up of the second and third floors of 9th Street facade.
4. Close-up of the third and fourth floors of 9th Street facade.
5. Close-up of the southern end of the second, third, and fourth floors of the 9th Street facade.
6. Side (north) wall at the second story level, and side (north) and rear (east) walls at the third and fourth floor levels. A complete view of the side (north) wall of 413-415 9th Street is not possible because of the adjacent and lower Ferree Building.
Back to Washington, District of Columbia