District of Columbia>
District of Columbia City Hall, 451 Indiana Avenue Northwest, Washington, District of Columbia, DC
See 37 maps of this location
Photo Caption Pages
451 Indiana Avenue Northwest, Washington, DC
Find maps of Washington, DC
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS DC-41
Unprocessed field note material exists for this structure (FN-47).
Building/structure dates: 181 initial construction
Building/structure dates: 1881 subsequent work
Building/structure dates: 1916 subsequent work
National Register Number: 66000857
Significance: For many years served as city hall for the District of Columbia and later served as U.S. courthouse and D.C. Superior Court.
City & Town Halls
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
1. Historic American Buildings Survey Albert S. Burns, Photographer C. 1934,1935.
6. VIEW FROM THE SOUTHWEST HABS D.C. WASH, 136-6
7. VIEW FROM THE SOUTHEAST
8. DETAIL, SOUTH FRONT, CENTRAL PORTICO
9. INTERIOR, BASEMENT, HALLWAY, LOOKING WEST
10. INTERIOR, CENTRAL STAIRWAY AND HALL (ELEVATION)
11. INTERIOR, CENTRAL STAIRWAY AND HALL (OBLIQUE VIEW)
12. INTERIOR, STAIRWAY, WEST END OF BUILDING
13. South elevation
14. South elevation,central wing
15. South elevation,east wing
17. North and west elevations,from the north
18. West elevation
19. Interior,central wing,south entrance
Back to Washington, District of Columbia