District of Columbia>
920-930 F Street, Northwest (Commercial Buildings), Washington, District of Columbia, DC
Photo Caption Pages
Northwest (Commercial Buildings), Washington, DC
Find maps of Washington, DC
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS DC-569
Unprocessed field note material exists for this structure (FN-82).
Significance: 920,922-24 and 926 F Street Northwest are three small-scale brick commercial structures which illustrate the traditional building patterns associated with the late 19th and early 20th century commercial district. Designed with retail spaces on the ground level and offices or residential space above,t hey continue to present the mercantile image of a turn-of-the-century downtown. As an ensemble these buildings have been recognized as integral elements of the historic F street streetscape and are cited by the D.C. Historic Preservation Division as contributing to the significance of the downtown historic district and the Pennsylvania Avenue National Historic Site...
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
1. 900 BLOCK, F STREET FROM THE WEST, SHOWING THE ENTIRE SOUTH FRONTAGE
2. 900-930 F STREET FROM THE WEST.
3. 926 F STREET AND ATLANTIC BUILDING (930 F STREET) FROM THE NORTH.
4. 918-930 F STREET FROM NORTHEAST
5. 900 BLOCK, F STREET FROM THE EAST
6. ROOFS OF 920-926 F STREET, TAKEN FROM NATIONAL UNION BUILDING (918 F STREET), LOOKING NORTHWEST
7. ROOFS OF 920-926 F STREET, TAKEN FROM NATIONAL UNION BUILDING (918 F STREET), LOOKING SOUTH EAST
8. NORTH HALF OF THE EAST PARTY WALL OF THE ATLANTIC BUILDING AND ROOFS OF 920-926 F STREET, TAKEN FROM THE NATIONAL UNION BUILDING
9. REAR OF 920-930 F STREET, TAKEN FROM ALLEY
Back to Washington, District of Columbia