Toelles Road Bridge, Spanning Quinnipiac River, Wallingford, New Haven County, CT
Photo Caption Pages
Spanning Quinnipiac River, Wallingford, CT
Find maps of Wallingford, CT
Documentation compiled after 1968.
Survey number HAER CT-20
Building/structure dates: 1898 initial construction
Significance: Constructed by the Berlin Iron Bridge Company, one of Connecticut's most noted bridge builders, this structure represents one of the company's original bridge projects using steel. The bridge is an unusual survivor of a once typical truss bridge system.
Chase, C. F.
Berlin Iron Bridge Company
Historic American Engineering Record (Library of Congress)
1. VIEW NORTHWEST SHOWING SOUTH ELEVATION AND EAST PORTAL ELEVATION
2. VIEW NORTHEAST SHOWING SOUTH ELEVATION
3. VIEW NORTHEAST, TRUSS DETAIL
4. VIEW NORTHWEST, TRUSS DETAIL
5. VIEW EAST SHOWING WEST PORTAL ELEVATION
6. VIEW WEST SHOWING EAST PORTAL ELEVATION
Back to Wallingford, Connecticut