Stamford Street Railroad, Trolley Barn & Office, 35 Station Place, Stamford, Fairfield County, CT
See 42 maps of this location
Photo Caption Pages
35 Station Place, Stamford, CT
Find maps of Stamford, CT
Documentation compiled after 1968.
Survey number HAER CT-10
Building/structure dates: 1903 initial construction
Building/structure dates: 1924 subsequent work
Significance: The buildings are physical remnants of Stamford's trolley system.
Historic American Engineering Record (Library of Congress)
1. View of north elevation of trolley barn and office building.
2. View looking south at trolley barn showing 1924 addition to the right.
3. View looking west showing side of trolley barn.
4. View down the middle of trolley barn showing rivetted metal trusses supporting roof.
5. Detail view of approximately half the Fink-type trusses supporting roof.
Back to Stamford, Connecticut