New York, New Haven & Hartford Railroad, Stamford Station, 44 Station Place, Stamford, Fairfield County, CT
See 42 maps of this location
Photo Caption Pages
44 Station Place, Stamford, CT
Find maps of Stamford, CT
Documentation compiled after 1968.
Survey number HAER CT-9
Building/structure dates: 1896 initial construction
Significance: The two station buildings are standard New York, New Haven & Hartford Railroad design of the period and Stamford remains an important location on the route because of its commuter traffic.
Historic American Engineering Record (Library of Congress)
1. Long distance view to south showing both east and westbound stations, with Connecticut Turnpike in foreground.
2. View down right-of-way looking toward New Haven showing catenary.
3. View down right-of-way looking toward New York showing catenary.
4. 3/4 view of south elevation of eastbound station.
5. Trackside view of westbound station.
6. 3/4 view of eastbound station from trackside showing catenary and platform.
7. 3/4 view of westbound station from trackside showing catenary.
8. Detail view from trackside of former pedimented entrance to eastbound station.
9. Interior view of waiting room in eastbound station.
10. 3/4 view of ticketing office inside waiting room of eastbound station.
11. Interior view of waiting room in eastbound station showing ticketing office.
12. View of south (street) elevation of west bound station.
13. 3/4 view of south (street) elevation of westbound station.
14. View of ticketing office inside waiting room of westbound station.
15. 3/4 view of ticketing office inside waiting room of westbound station.
Back to Stamford, Connecticut