Bridge Street Bridge, Spanning Metro North Railroad on Bridge Street, Norwalk, Fairfield County, CT
Photo Caption Pages
Spanning Metro North Railroad on Bridge Street, Norwalk, CT
Find maps of Norwalk, CT
Documentation compiled after 1968.
Survey number HAER CT-51
Significance: One of five remaining nineteenth century pony trusses over the New Haven division of the New York, New Haven and Hartford Railroad. The bridges are representative examples of nineteenth century bridge truss technology and are an integral component of the railroad corridor.
Historic American Engineering Record (Library of Congress)
1. VIEW NORTH, SHOWING SOUTH APPROACH
2. VIEW EAST, SHOWING WEST SPAN AND ABUTMENTS
3. VIEW EAST, SHOWING WEST SPAN, ABUTMENTS AND CATENARY WIRES
4. VIEW EAST, SHOWING CROSS MEMBERS
5. VIEW SOUTH, SHOWING NORTH APPROACH.
6. VIEW SOUTH, UNDER BRIDGE SHOWING SUPPORT MEMBERS AND ABUTMENT
7. VIEW WEST, SHOWING EAST SPAN, RAILROAD TRACKS AND CATENARY ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
Back to Norwalk, Connecticut