Deansbury Bridge, Spanning South Platte River, Waterton, Lake County, CO
See 13 maps of this location
Photo Caption Pages
Spanning South Platte River, Waterton vicinity, CO
Find maps of Waterton, CO
Documentation compiled after 1968.
Survey number HAER CO-13
Building/structure dates: 1922 initial construction
Significance: It is a riveted single-span Warren through truss. It was built as a narrow gauge, railroad bridge for the Denver, South Park and Pacific Railroad and it is presently used as an access road bridge. This is the second bridge on the site and it is a typical design for an early 20th century railroad bridge.
Historic American Engineering Record (Library of Congress)
1. General view looking west.
2. Detail view of portal bracing looking northwest.
3. Detail view of southeast bridge seat.
4. Wide angle view looking south. 5. 'Barrel Shot' looking southeast. 6. 'Barrel Shot' looking northwest. Water conduit visable to left of bridge.
7. Detail view of bridge seat and abutment looking southeast.
Back to Waterton vicinity, Colorado