Horseshoe Ranger Station, 15 miles South of Parshall, Parshall, Grand County, CO
Please email us to
purchase this image.
Photo Caption Pages
15 miles South of Parshall, Parshall vicinity, CO
Find maps of Parshall, CO
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS CO-62
Building/structure dates: 1906 initial construction
Building/structure dates: 1935 subsequent work
Significance: The Horseshoe Ranger Station is significant on a local, and possibly state level, because it was one of the first ranger stations built and used on the Arapaho National Forest. The site, dating from about 1909, represents a classic ranger station and is one of the last such stations in Colorado. However, it is not the only forest guard station eligible for the National Register of Historic Places. The Hog Park Ranger Station, located on the Routt National Forest, is listed in the National Register and also represents an early Forest Service station.
Civilian Conservation Corps
U.S. Forest Service
Athearn, Frederic J., Historian
Wellborn, Leigh A., Delineator
Athearn, Frederic J., Photographer
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
1. OVERALL VIEW OF COMPLEX FACING NORTH AND WEST
Back to Parshall vicinity, Colorado