Yosemite Creek Bridge, Spanning Yosemite Creek on Northside Drive, Yosemite Village, Mariposa County, CA
Photo Caption Pages
Spanning Yosemite Creek on Northside Drive, Yosemite Village, CA
Find maps of Yosemite Village, CA
Documentation compiled after 1968.
Survey number HAER CA-102
Unprocessed field note material exists for this structure (N90).
Building/structure dates: 1921 initial construction
Significance: The Yosemite Creek Bridge is the oldest of the stone-faced concrete arch bridges in Yosemite National Park. The "rustic style" bridge is designed to blend into its setting near the base of Yosemite Falls, the tallest waterfall in North America.
Concrete Arch Bridges
Hutchings, James Mason
Forsythe, Maj. William W.
Lewis, Supt. Washington Bartlett
Grogan, Brian C., Photographer
Quin, Richard H., Historian
Historic American Engineering Record (Library of Congress)
1. VIEW FACING EAST ACROSS BRIDGE.
2. VIEW OF NORTHEAST CORNER OF BRIDGE.
3. VIEW FACING NW AT BRIDGE WITH FOOTBRIDGE IN FOREGROUND.
4. FACING EAST, OBLIQUE VIEW OF SOUTH FACE, FOOTBRIDGE TO RIGHT.
5. CONSTRUCTION DETAIL SHOWING CONCRETE FOOTINGS AND ROCK WORK OF SW CORNER.
6. CONSTRUCTION DETAIL SHOWING ARCH KEYSTONE IN NORTH FACE.
7. VIEW OF WEST END OF BRIDGE SHOWING SUBSTRUCTURE DETAIL.
Back to Yosemite Village, California