Bridalveil Fall Bridge No. 3, Spanning Bridalveil Creek on carriage road, Yosemite Village, Mariposa County, CA
Photo Caption Pages
Spanning Bridalveil Creek on carriage road, Yosemite Village, CA
Find maps of Yosemite Village, CA
Documentation compiled after 1968.
Survey number HAER CA-93
Unprocessed field note material exists for this structure (N81).
Building/structure dates: 1913 initial construction
Significance: The three Bridalveil Fall bridges are the only surviving road bridges in the park dating to the administration by the U.S. Cavalry from 1890-1914. They also represent the first use of reinforced concrete in bridge construction in the park.
Concrete Arch Bridges
Quin, Richard H., Historian
Grogan, Brian C., Photographer
Historic American Engineering Record (Library of Congress)
1. VIEW LOOKING WEST SHOWING NORTH FACE, WALKWAY AND STEPS.
2. CONSTRUCTION DETAIL NW CORNER.
3. VIEW OF NORTH FACE OF BRIDGE
4. CONSTRUCTION DETAIL, SW CORNER, SHOWING RETAINING WALL, BRIDGE WALL AND EROSION ON ROAD SURFACE.
5. BRIDGE DETAIL AND BRIDALVEIL FALLS.
Back to Yosemite Village, California