Mare Island Naval Shipyard, Fire House Annex, Vallejo, Solano County, CA
Photo Caption Pages
Fire House Annex, Vallejo, CA
Find maps of Vallejo, CA
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS CA-1543-J
Building/structure dates: 1905 initial construction
National Register Number: 75002103
Significance: Building 99 was constructed in 1905 on the southwest corner of California Avenue and 7th Street at its present site. The facade of Building 99A, like the three south of it on the west site of California Avenue, extend the mixture of materials and small scale found in the facades of the buildings on the central entrance to the "Shipyard Historical District" of the Mare Island Naval Shipyard National Historic Landmark which, together, make an important contribution to the major entrance to this historic district.
Rousseau, Comdr. Henry H.
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
1. PHOTOCOPY OF DRAWING 99A-A-1, PLANS FOR ENGINE HOUSE AND HOSE TOWER, AUGUST 1905.
2. PHOTOCOPY OF DRAWING A-99A-A-1, BUILDING 99A BATHROOM FACILITIES, ARCHITECTURAL, FEBRUARY 1968.
3. PHOTOCOPY OF DRAWING 99-A-8, ALTERATIONS AND REPAIRS TO BUILDINGS 99 AND 99A, NOVEMBER 1982.
4. PHOTOCOPY OF DRAWING 99A-E-1, REWIRING PLAN FOR LIGHTING NOVEMBER 192(?).
5. PHOTOCOPY OF DRAWING 99-E-3, BUILDING 99 AND 99A ELECTRICAL LIGHTING REVISIONS, NOVEMBER 1957.
6. PHOTOGRAPH OF EAST FRONT.
7. PHOTOGRAPH OF WEST REAR.
8. PHOTOGRAPH OF SECOND FLOOR SHOWING OLDER STEAM HEAT RADIATOR.
9. PHOTOCOPY OF PHOTOGRAPH OF BUILDINGS 99 AND 99A WITH PERIOD FIRE FIGHTING VEHICLE AND PERSONNEL. HOSE DRYING TOWER OF 99A HAS YET TO BE LOWERED IN HEIGHT. DATE OF PHOTOGRAPH UNKNOWN. (4x5 in neg.)
10. PHOTOCOPY OF PHOTOGRAPH OF BUILDING 99A EAST FRONT VIEW. DATE OF PHOTOGRAPH UNKNOWN. (4x5 in neg.)
Back to Vallejo, California