Mare Island Naval Shipyard, Battery Test Office & Storage Facility, California Avenue & E Street, Vallejo, Solano County, CA
See 21 maps of this location
Photo Caption Pages
California Avenue & E Street, Vallejo, CA
Find maps of Vallejo, CA
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS CA-1543-H
Building/structure dates: 1937 initial construction
National Register Number: 75002103
Significance: Building 463A had a supporting role in the overhaul and repair of ship and submarine batteries during World War II.
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
1. South Front Elevation
2. South Front and West Side Elevations
3. West Side and North Rear Elevations
4. North Rear Elevation
5. East Side Elevation with acid storage tank.
6. Exterior view of acid accumulation vats on east side of building.
7. General View-acid storage tank to east of building with accumulation vats in foreground.
8. Public Works Department (PWD) Drawing 10,004-1(463A-A-1)(1936), 'Extension to Bldg 463-Plan and Elevations'
9. PWD Drawing 10,004-6(463A-A-2)(1936), 'F. S. (Full Size) & Scale Details (typical wall section, window, door details)'
10. PWD Drawing 10,004-2(463A-S-1)(1936), 'Structural Frame'
11. PWD Drawing 10,004-4(463A-S-2)(1936), 'Structural Details'
12. PWD Drawing 10,000-5(463A-E-1)(1936), 'Electrical Lighting and Power'
13. Naval Facilities (NAVFAC) Engineering Command Drawing 1,174,310(463A-A-3)(1970), 'Alterations for Laboratory Facility-Architectural'
14. NAVFAC Drawing 1,174,311(463A-M-3)(1970), 'Alterations for Laboratory Facility-Mechanical'
15. NAVFAC Drawing 1,174,312(463A-M-4)(1970), 'Alterations for Laboratory Facility-Hood Ventilation-Mechanical'
Back to Vallejo, California