Fort Baker, Storehouse, Near intersection of Breitung & Satterlee Roads, Sausalito, Marin County, CA
Photo Caption Pages
Near intersection of Breitung & Satterlee Roads, Sausalito vicinity, CA
Find maps of Sausalito, CA
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS CA-2643-A
Building/structure dates: 1943 initial construction
Significance: Building FB-570 is significant as a relatively unmodified example of a Theatre of Operations 700 (T.O. 700) Series Storehouse (Type WH-A-T) built in 1942 as part of the mobilization effort for World War II. The T.O. 700 Series was the final generation of World War II mobilization series; it was preceded by the 700 Series, the 800 Series and the Modified Theatre-of-Operations Series. Building FB-570 functioned as a Quartermaster storehouse in Ft. Baker, one of several forts which contributed to the seacoast defenses of San Francisco Bay. It is a non-contributing feature of Forts Baker, Barry and Cronkhite Historic District, a National Register property. The building is scheduled for demolition.
Veal, J. H.
U.S. Army Corps Of Engineers
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
1. VIEW OF FORT BAKER BUILDING 570, WEST AND SOUTH SIDES, FACING NORTHEAST.
2. VIEW OF FORT BAKER BUILDING 570, SOUTH SIDE, FACING NORTHWEST.
3. VIEW OF FORT BAKER BUILDING 570, EAST SIDE, FACING WEST.
4. VIEW OF FORT BAKER BUILDING 570, NORTH AND WEST SIDES, FACING EAST/SOUTHEAST.
5. DETAIL SHOWING DOUBLE DOOR, WINDOWS AND BRICK FIREWALL, NORTH SIDE, FACING SOUTH/SOUTHWEST.
6. DETAIL SHOWING DOUBLE DOOR, SOUTH SIDE, FACING NORTH.
7. DETAIL SHOWING WINDOWS, NORTH SIDE, FACING SOUTH.
8. VIEW OF WEST INTERIOR, FACING WEST.
9. VIEW OF WEST INTERIOR SHOWING BRICK FIREWALL, FACING EAST/NORTHEAST.
Back to Sausalito vicinity, California