Pietro Bava House, 40 North River Street, San Jose, Santa Clara County, CA
Image not currently available to download
Please email us to
purchase this image.
40 North River Street, San Jose, CA
Find maps of San Jose, CA
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS CA-2363
Building/structure dates: 1905 initial construction
Significance: The Pietro Bava House, due to its architectural integrity and contribution to the urban fabric, forms an integral part of the River Street Historic District, a rare intact late nineteenth and early twentieth century working class neighborhood in San Jose.
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
1. WEST FRONT, NORTHWEST CORNER
2. WEST FRONT, SOUTHWEST CORNER
3. SOUTH SIDE
4. WEST FRONT, DETAIL OF PORCH COLUMN
5. INTERIOR, FRONT DOOR LOOKING WEST THROUGH HALL
6. INTERIOR, LIVING ROOM LOOKING EAST
Back to San Jose, California