Julia M. Lawson House, 81 North River Street, San Jose, Santa Clara County, CA
See 17 maps of this location
Photo Caption Pages
81 North River Street, San Jose, CA
Find maps of San Jose, CA
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS CA-2374
Building/structure dates: 1910 initial construction
Significance: The Julia M. Lawson House, due to its architectural integrity and contribution to the urban fabric, forms an integral part of the River Street Historic District, a rare intact late nineteenth and early twentieth century working class neighborhood in San Jose.
Lawson, Julia M.
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
1. EAST FRONT, SOUTHEAST CORNER
2. WEST BACK, SOUTHWEST CORNER
3. EAST FRONT, DETAIL OF FRONT DOOR
4. SOUTH SIDE, DETAIL OF WINDOW
5. INTERIOR, MAIN ROOM LOOKING NORTHEAST
6. INTERIOR, MAIN ROOM LOOKING SOUTHWEST
Back to San Jose, California