Etta Estrabou House, 78 North River Street, San Jose, Santa Clara County, CA
Photo Caption Pages
78 North River Street, San Jose, CA
Find maps of San Jose, CA
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS CA-2371
Building/structure dates: 1884 initial construction
Building/structure dates: 1900 subsequent work
Significance: The Etta Estrabou House, due to its architectural integrity and contribution to the urban fabric, forms an integral part of the River Street Historic District, a rare intact late nineteenth century and early twentieth century working class neighborhood in San Jose.
Estrabou, Louis J.
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
1. WEST FRONT, SOUTHWEST CORNER
2. EAST BACK, SOUTHEAST CORNER
3. WEST FRONT, DETAIL OF PORCH COLUMN
4. SOUTH SIDE, DETAIL OF WINDOW
5. INTERIOR, LIVING ROOM LOOKING WEST
6. INTERIOR, DINING ROOM LOOKING SOUTHEAST
Back to San Jose, California