Arthur Marston House, 3575 Seventh Avenue, San Diego, San Diego County, CA
Photo Caption Pages
3575 Seventh Avenue, San Diego, CA
Find maps of San Diego, CA
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS CA-2164
Unprocessed field note material exists for this structure (FN-212).
Building/structure dates: 1909 initial construction
Significance: One of several Gill houses in the 3500 block of Seventh Avenue, the Arthur Marston House is noted for its simple, plain, wall surfaces. It reflects the Georgian style to a degree unusual in Gill's work.
Gill, Irving J.
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
1. GENERAL VIEW (photocopy made from 1975 photograph, taken by Kim Spurgeon, HABS San Diego Project Supervisor.
2. POCKET DOOR BETWEEN HALL AND DINING ROOM, IN OPEN POSITION
3. POCKET DOOR BETWEEN HALL AND DINING ROOM, IN CLOSED POSITION
4. FIREPLACE IN SOUTHWEST BEDROOM, SECOND FLOOR
5. RAISED CLOSET FLOOR IN DRESSING ROOM, SECOND FLOOR
6. PHOTOGRAPHY OF SITE PLAN, Irving Gill, Architect (original in art gallery, University of California at Santa Barbara).
Back to San Diego, California