Historic Photographs

Home

Search

Subject Browse
Browse by Subject >>

State/City Browse
Alaska
Alabama
Arkansas
Arizona
California
Colorado
Connecticut
District of Columbia
Delaware
Florida
Georgia
Hawaii
Iowa
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Massachusetts
Maryland
Maine
Michigan
Minnesota
Missouri
Mississippi
Montana
North Carolina
North Dakota
Nebraska
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New Mexico
Nevada
New York
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Virginia
Vermont
Washington
Wisconsin
West Virginia
Wyoming


Home

>

California

>

Novato

>

Hamilton Field, Fire Station & Guard House, Southwest corner of Seventh Street & Hangar Avenue, Novato, Marin County, CA



B&W Photos

HB186117

HB186118

HB186119

HB186120

HB186121

HB186122

HB186123

HB186124


Data Pages


Photo Caption Pages


Item Title


Location
Southwest corner of Seventh Street & Hangar Avenue, Novato, CA

Find maps of Novato, CA


Created/Published
Documentation compiled after 1933.

Notes
Survey number HABS CA-2398-AB
Significance: The base Fire Station and Guard House initially provided fire rescue service to the entire base and air field and had a guard house with cells in the rear. During the 1950s, the interior was converted to security offices and the front bays enclosed with modern doors and windows. Although this alteration has changed the historic appearance of the building to some extent, it still retains the general appearance of a firehouse and many other exterior features remain unaltered.

Subjects
Fire Stations
Guardhouses


Collection
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)

Contents
Photograph caption(s): 
NORTH FRONT
FIRE STATION AND GUARD HOUSE, ELEVATIONS, SECTIONS, AND DETAILS. Plan No. 6754-320, dated August 1, 1933. Constructing Division, Office of the Constructing Quartermaster
BALCONY BRACKETS ON NORTH ELEVATION
EAST SIDE
SOUTH REAR
PERSPECTIVE, SOUTH AND WEST ELEVATIONS
WEST SIDE
FIRE STATION AND GUARD HOUSE, PLANS AND DETAILS. Plan No. 6754-319, dated August 1, 1933. Construction Division, Office of the Constructing Quartermaster


Back to Novato, California