Historic Photographs

Home

Search

Subject Browse
Browse by Subject >>

State/City Browse
Alaska
Alabama
Arkansas
Arizona
California
Colorado
Connecticut
District of Columbia
Delaware
Florida
Georgia
Hawaii
Iowa
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Massachusetts
Maryland
Maine
Michigan
Minnesota
Missouri
Mississippi
Montana
North Carolina
North Dakota
Nebraska
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New Mexico
Nevada
New York
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Virginia
Vermont
Washington
Wisconsin
West Virginia
Wyoming

Home

>

California

>

Mendocino

>

Lansing House & Water Tower, 44900 Main Street, Mendocino, Mendocino County, CA



B&W Photos

HB127334
South Front And East Side Of House

HB127335
West Side Of House With Water Tower To North

HB127336
Water Tower From North With House To South

HB127337
Water Tower From West


Data Pages


Photo Caption Pages


Item Title


Location
44900 Main Street, Mendocino, CA

Find maps of Mendocino, CA


Created/Published
Documentation compiled after 1933.

Notes
Survey number HABS CA-2236
Building/structure dates: 1855 initial construction
Significance: This house was built by Captain David Lansing, who moved to Mendocino in 1852. He built this house and water tower around 1855. An early Mendocino pioneer, Lansing once owned all the land east of Lansing Street, north of Main Street, and south of Little Lake Street.

Related Names
Lansing, Capt. David


Collection
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)

Contents
Photograph caption(s): 
1. SOUTH FRONT AND EAST SIDE OF HOUSE
2. WEST SIDE OF HOUSE WITH WATER TOWER TO NORTH
3. WATER TOWER FROM NORTH WITH HOUSE TO SOUTH
4. WATER TOWER FROM WEST


Back to Mendocino, California