Historic Photographs

Home

Search

Subject Browse
Browse by Subject >>

State/City Browse
Alaska
Alabama
Arkansas
Arizona
California
Colorado
Connecticut
District of Columbia
Delaware
Florida
Georgia
Hawaii
Iowa
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Massachusetts
Maryland
Maine
Michigan
Minnesota
Missouri
Mississippi
Montana
North Carolina
North Dakota
Nebraska
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New Mexico
Nevada
New York
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Virginia
Vermont
Washington
Wisconsin
West Virginia
Wyoming

Home

>

California

>

Los%252BAngeles

>

Bullocks-Wilshire Department Store, 3050 Wilshire Boulevard, Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, CA



Data Pages


Drawings


Item Title


Location
3050 Wilshire Boulevard, Los%252BAngeles, CA

Find maps of Los%252BAngeles, CA


Created/Published
Documentation compiled after 1933.

Notes
Survey number HABS CA-1941
Unprocessed field note material exists for this structure (FN-176).
Building/structure dates: 1928 initial construction
Significance: The Bullocks-Wilshire Department Store was built in 1928 as the first department store outside the main downtown business district of Los Angeles. In opening this 'branch' department of his downtown store, John C. Bullock helped to facilitate the expansion of the Los Angeles business district from downtown Los Angeles to the Wilshire district. The building was designed by John and Donald Parkinson, well known Los Angeles architects, and is the best remaining example of Art Deco in the area.

Related Names
Parkinson, John
Parkinson, Donald
Bullock, John C.


Collection
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)

Contents


Back to Los%252BAngeles, California