Historic Photographs

Home

Search

Subject Browse
Browse by Subject >>

State/City Browse
Alaska
Alabama
Arkansas
Arizona
California
Colorado
Connecticut
District of Columbia
Delaware
Florida
Georgia
Hawaii
Iowa
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Massachusetts
Maryland
Maine
Michigan
Minnesota
Missouri
Mississippi
Montana
North Carolina
North Dakota
Nebraska
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New Mexico
Nevada
New York
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Virginia
Vermont
Washington
Wisconsin
West Virginia
Wyoming


Home

>

Arizona

>

Tucson

>

Villa House, 504-506 South Convent Avenue, Tucson, Pima County, AZ



See 20 maps of this location


B&W Photos

HB63426


Data Pages


Photo Caption Pages


Supplemental Material


Item Title
Villa House, 504-506 South Convent Avenue, Tucson, Pima County, AZ

Location
504-506 South Convent Avenue, Tucson, AZ

Find maps of Tucson, AZ


Created/Published
Documentation compiled after 1933.

Notes
Survey number HABS AZ-73-49
Unprocessed field note material exists for this structure (FN-28).
Building/structure dates: 1910 initial construction
Significance: This simple Mission Revival style adobe stands out with its neighbor across the street (519-527 S. Convent Ave., AZ-73-10) as the only two examples of this style on this block of South Convent Avenue. The two buildings have similar sculptured parapets, although this structure has an attached front porch. Built as a blacksmith shop by the owner and occupant, Librado Villa, this building is related to the adjacent building on the north by its setback, size, porch, and distinctive size.

Collection
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)

Contents
Photograph caption(s): 
1. VIEW SHOWING EAST ELEVATION' WEST SIDE OF AVENUE.


Back to Tucson, Arizona