Petrified Log Station, 503 Apache Drive, Holbrook, Navajo County, AZ
Photo Caption Pages
503 Apache Drive, Holbrook, AZ
Find maps of Holbrook, AZ
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS AZ-163
Building/structure dates: 1925 initial construction
Building/structure dates: 1932 subsequent work
Automobile Service Stations
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
1. Overall view of Petrified Log Station property, viewed toward the northwest.
2. Old highway (Apache Drive) streetscape, viewed toward the south. Petrified Log Station at right.
3. View across broadway from Petrified Log Station. View toward the east.
4. East front.
5. North side.
6. South side.
7. West back, viewed toward the northeast.
8. West back, viewed toward the southeast.
9. Detail of 'log cabin' corner at northeast corner of station.
10. Detail of typical window sill lined with petrified wood pieces.
11. Detail of petrified wood facing at east front.
12. Detail of petrified wood 'vigas' and stone-mosaic parapet at east front.
13. Interior, north suite (Thunderbird Tavern). View toward southwest.
14. Interior, north suite (Thunderbird Tavern). View toward northeast.
15. Interior, south suite (caretaker's quarters).
Back to Holbrook, Arizona