Pine Bluff Arsenal, Pine Bluff, Jefferson County, AR
See 15 maps of this location
Pine Bluff, AR
Find maps of Pine Bluff, AR
Documentation compiled after 1968.
Survey number HAER AR-2
Unprocessed field note material exists for this structure (FN-1).
Building/structure dates: 1941 initial construction
Building/structure dates: 1950 subsequent work
Building/structure dates: 1971 subsequent work
Building/structure dates: 1981 subsequent work
Significance: Pine Bluff Arsenal was established at the beginning of World War II to manufacture magnesium- and aluminum-based incendiary munitions, but its industrial function was soon expanded to include production facilities for war gases, smoke munitions, and napalm bombs.
War (World War II)
Magazines (military Buildings)
Sanderson & Porter
Jackson, Donald C., Field Team
Brenner, William A., Field Team
Lankton, Dr. Larry D., Field Team
Hess, Jeffrey A., Historian
Hess, Jeffrey A., Photographer
Historic American Engineering Record (Library of Congress)
Back to Pine Bluff, Arkansas