Fountain Lake vicinity>
South Fork Bridge, Spans South Fork of Saline River, adjacent to Stat, Fountain Lake, Garland County, AR
Photo Caption Pages
adjacent to Stat, Fountain Lake vicinity, AR
Find maps of Fountain Lake, AR
Documentation compiled after 1968.
Survey number HAER AR-27
Unprocessed field note material exists for this structure (FN-5).
Building/structure dates: 1928 initial construction
Significance: Characterized by its unique design, the significance of the South Fork Bridge, a spandrel filled deck arch, is further enhanced by its original status as a county bridge. Designed by H.S. Moreland and constructed by the Garland County bridge crew under the direction of F.M. Kelley, the bridge, which together form a uniquely personal interpretation of an already idiosyncratic design.
Concrete Arch Bridges
Moreland, H. S.
Kelley, F. M.
O'Reilly, Sean, Historian
Smith, Corinne, Historian
Historic American Engineering Record (Library of Congress)
1. GENERAL VIEW OF CONCRETE DOUBLE ARCH RAINBOW BRIDGE, LOOKING SOUTHWEST
2. GENERAL VIEW OF BRIDGE LOOKING SOUTHWEST
3. GENERAL VIEW OF BRIDGE, LOOKING NORTH, TAKEN FROM ADJACENT HIGHWAY 128 BRIDGE
4. GENERAL VIEW OF BRIDGE, LOOKING NORTHWEST
5. GENERAL VIEW OF BRIDGE FROM ROADBED, LOOKING WEST
6. GENERAL VIEW OF BRIDGE FROM ROADBED, LOOKING EAST
7. DETAIL VIEW OF ABUTMENT AT SOUTHEAST CORNER OF BRIDGE, LOOKING NORTH
Back to Fountain Lake vicinity, Arkansas