Bank of Fayetteville, 100 West Center Street, Fayetteville, Washington County, AR
100 West Center Street, Fayetteville, AR
Find maps of Fayetteville, AR
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS AR-51
Unprocessed field note material exists for this structure (N198).
Building/structure dates: 1888 initial construction
Building/structure dates: 1960 subsequent work
Building/structure dates: 1974 subsequent work
Building/structure dates: 1985 subsequent work
Building/structure dates: 1990 subsequent work
Significance: The building is sited at 100 West Center Street in Fayetteville, Arkansas. It occupies the northwest corner of the town square, which has been rebuilt to a great extent following the Civil War. The structure is bordered to the north by an alley and to the west by the 1974 S&L Building. The building itself shows influences of early "Italianate Style." The south and east facades offer ample store frontage to the street. Large expanses of glazing at the first floor level are divided by alternating columns of rusticated stone with those of cast iron. Above this, the vertical structure is faced with a rich red brick. The span is treated with terra-cotta panels that are banded under the windows distinctive to each floor. The key stone above the arch of the east elevation displays the probably construction date of "1889." Unfortunately, neither the architect nor the builder is known.
Conservation & Restoration
Eason & Company Insurance
Kelly, Bob H.
Kelly, Linda P.
Glascock, Diane Darcy, Delineator
Henry, Charles Jackson, Delineator
Kelly, Thaddeus Robertson, Delineator
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
Back to Fayetteville, Arkansas