Lee Creek Bridge, Spanning Lee Creek at State Highway No. 220, Cove City, Crawford County, AR
Photo Caption Pages
Spanning Lee Creek at State Highway No. 220, Cove City, AR
Find maps of Cove City, AR
Documentation compiled after 1968.
Survey number HAER AR-45
Unprocessed field note material exists for this structure (FN-3).
Building/structure dates: 1900 initial construction
Significance: The Lee Creek Bridge is an excellent example of a Camelback Pennsylvania through truss, a late nineteenth/early twentieth century bridge type. It is significant as one of four Pennsylvania through trusses remaining in Arkansas, and is unique as the only one of the four which was not designed and engineered by the State Highway Department.
Metal Truss Bridges
Bennett, Lola, Historian
Smith, Corinne, Historian
Historic American Engineering Record (Library of Congress)
1. GENERAL VIEW OF PENNSYLVANIA THROUGH TRUSS BRIDGE, LOOKING NORTHEAST FROM ROADBED, WITH PONY TRUSS APPROACH IN FOREGROUND
2. 3/4 VIEW OF BRIDGE, LOOKING SOUTHEAST
3. 3/4 VIEW OF BRIDGE, LOOKING NORTHEAST
4. VIEW OF BRIDGE DECK, LOOKING SOUTHWEST
5. GENERAL VIEW OF BRIDGE, LOOKING SOUTH
6. GENERAL VIEW OF BRIDGE, LOOKING SOUTHWEST
7. GENERAL VIEW OF BRIDGE, LOOKING NORTHEAST
8. VIEW OF UNDERSIDE OF BRIDGE AND NORTHEAST MASONRY PIER, LOOKING NORTHEAST
Back to Cove City, Arkansas