Boshell's Mill, Lost Creek at Alabama Route 124, 1.7 miles South o, Townley, Walker County, AL
Photo Caption Pages
1.7 miles South o, Townley, AL
Find maps of Townley, AL
Documentation compiled after 1968.
Survey number HAER AL-18
Unprocessed field note material exists for this structure (N127).
Significance: Boshell's Mill is of local significance in the development of Walker County. It was typical of the small scale industry supporting construction when Townley was a thriving coal mining town around the turn of the century. It also illustrates the transfer of technology, having been equipped with efficient water turbines of advanced design in an isolated rural setting.
Historic American Engineering Record (Library of Congress)
1. GRIST MILL, HISTORIC VIEW (1973), SOUTHEAST.
2. GRIST MILL, HISTORIC VIEW (1973), SOUTHWEST.
3. SAW AND GRIST MILL, HISTORIC VIEW (1973), WEST.
4. SAW AND GRIST MILL, HISTORIC VIEW (1973), WEST.
5. GENERAL VIEW, EXTERIOR SOUTH.
6. GENERAL VIEW, EXTERIOR SOUTH.
Back to Townley, Alabama