Maxwell Air Force Base, Building No. 690, 255 East Ash Street, Montgomery, Montgomery County, AL
Photo Caption Pages
255 East Ash Street, Montgomery, AL
Find maps of Montgomery, AL
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS AL-957-B
Significance: Maxwell Air Force Base, Building 690 (formerly Hangar 8), was built in 1944 to accommodate and service a variety of aircraft. This hangar represents one of the last WW II expansion projects to take place at Maxwell Air Force Base. Building 690 is one of the few buildings from this era of construction to maintain much of its original architectural integrity.
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
1. VIEW OF BUILDING 690 FACING THE EAST ELEVATION.
2. VIEW OF NORTH ELEVATION OF BUILDING 690.
3. VIEW OF SOUTH ELEVATION OF BUILDING 690.
4. VIEW OF WEST ELEVATION OF BUILDING 690.
5. INTERIOR VIEW OF EASTERN HALF OF BUILDING 690, PRESENTLY A SKATING RINK.
6. INTERIOR VIEW LOOKING THROUGH THE WEST END OF BUILDING 690.
7. EXTERIOR OF RETRACTABLE DOORS ON BUILDING 690.
Back to Montgomery, Alabama